36. Boxing Day 2021

It's Boxing Day 2021 and exactly one year since I sat in my living room with just a laptop, a can of coke, some Christmas telly on in the background and Football Manager 2021. The leagues were loading and only fate would decide on where my footballing destiny lay. The letter wheel took me to the Asian Kingdom of Cambodia, somewhere I knew little about apart the obvious and certainly nothing in a footballing sense. The club I took over was even more mysterious, The Electricity company.. The 'British Gas' of Cambodia, Electricitie du Cambodge. In the past year sat on my sofa in West Yorkshire we have experienced a relegation battle, a Keegan-style meltdown, a domestic cup final and an exodus of players. The fact I have stayed at one club throughout the past year is testement to how I have enjoyed managing this little part time club and trying to beat the bigger teams and win the C-League title. 

The past year has also seen these posts win three awards on the Official Sports Interactive Football Manager forums, Story of The Year, Writer of the Year and Newcomer of the year. 

So I just wanted to say thankyou to all those people from right around the world for reading this Football Manager story. I have regular readers in the USA, Ireland, Portugal, The Netherlands the UK and even in Cambodia itself and am always fascinated with the different countries this blog is read in from around the world. 

So wherever you are in the world, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Up the EDC!

Read Part 37: Rome Wasn't Built In A Day here!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

71. Transfers and Takeovers

1. The Ultimate World Football Manager Game – The Set Up Part 1.

67. One big step forward and Two Steps Back.